Recommended: Key media awareness resources
As someone highly committed to the global need for media awareness and critique resources, it is a real joy for me to see the gradual development of relevant and significant material at Engaging Media.
So far, this resource page (still in its soft launch phase!) includes the following key resources:
- NEWS: Questions to consider when watching the news (by Lars Dahle)
- DOCUMENTARIES: Questions to ask when watching a documentary (by Lars Dahle and Philip Lindholm)
- SOAPS / TV SERIES: Questions for reflections on soap operas and tv series (by Ingvild Thu Kro)
- TV COMMERCIALS: Questions to ask in the commercial break (by Eivind Algrøy)
- NOVELS: Questions to ask about a novel (by Mark Meynell)
- MUSIC: Questions to ask of albums (by Mark Meynell)
- MOVIES: Questions to consider when watching a film (by Tony Watkins)
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Questions for exploring the implications of social media (by Krish Kandiah)
Engaging Media was launched in the context of The Cape Town Congress. The further development of this site will also include relevant resources for media engagement in family, work, church, and school contexts.
Norsk: Behovet for praktiske ressurser for mediebevisstgjøring og mediekritikk er enormt – ikke minst i et globalt perspektiv. I forlengelsen av Cape Town-kongressen lanseres nå ressurssiden Engaging Media gradvis, med en rekke relevante ressurser i møte med de mange mediebudskapene som daglig omgir oss. Fremover vil dette også inkludere ressurser for familie-, jobb-, kirke- og skolearenaene.