This video presents my two minute answer to the following question: «How should Christians engage with the media’s message?» The focus is on the essential role of Christian journalists in mainstream media.
You may also find my following 2-5 minutes video answers stimulating and relevant:
- How can we bear witness to Jesus Christ in the globalized media?
- How should Christians view the influence of the media?
- What are the best ways to actively engage the media?
- How is media a dominant force in the world today?
- How does the media shape our lives?
- How can we evaluate our theological engagement with the media?
- How does discipleship shape how we should respond to media messages?
The following videos present three 20 minutes talks on media engagement from ELF 2014. The first talk is on «media ministry / mission«. The title is Creative Connections: How Can Churches and Ministries Use Media More Effectively?.
- Know Your Context: Understanding Mainstream Media for More Effective Discipleship and Mission
- Navigating the Media Torrent: Discipleship and Mission in a Media-Dominated World
See also my popular article: «Media Engagement: A Global Missiological Task«. For an in-depth treatment of these issues, see my peer-reviewed article «Media Messages Matter: Towards a New Missiological Approach to Media Engagement«.
(The video resources introduced above were recorded and published by FOCLOnline.)