The Lausanne Global Conversation exists to provide online resources and to facilitate online discussions on key themes for the international Lausanne community.
It was launched in April 2010 as a creative initiative to prepare for the global Cape Town Congress in October that year. The site has continued as an influential ongoing resource bank and discussion facility. The thematic focus for November 2012 is «Media and the Gospel».
Overview of the contributions (regularly updated):
Introducing the topic:
- Lars Dahle: “Media and the Gospel: Moving Forward Together” [lead article]
- Response by Wing Tai Leung (HongKong)
- Response by Grenville Kent (Australia)
- Response by Julia Bicknell (UK)
- Krish Kandiah: «Does social media really change everything?»
- Julia Cameron: “The Gospel and Media – Where it fits and what now?”
- Bjørn Hinderaker: “The Christian Communicator: Insights from 2 Cor. 4-5”
- Tony Watkins: «The Urgent Need for Developing Media Awareness «
- Ted Turnau: «Popologetics – engaging popular culture from a Christian perspective«
- Lars Dahle: «Do we really understand the news, the movies and the contemporary music…?»
- Arne Fjeldstad (The Media Project): «Why should Christians become journalists? A different life – and a life making a difference«
- Jenny Taylor (Lapido Media): «Faith and the Secular Media«
- Peter J. Saunders: «Engaging the news media as Christian commentators» (preliminary title)
- Tony Watkins: «Being Partners with the World for the Sake of the Gospel» (preliminary title)
- Terence Ascott: “Being a Christian broadcaster in a changing media world – a perspective from SAT-7”
- Felix Widmar: “Being a Christian voice in a changing media world – a perspective from TWR Europe”
- Steve Baughman: “Media Ministries in a changing media world – perspectives from Eurasia”
- Pod Bhogal: “Uncover – Interactive Media in Evangelism”
(Updated 30th Nov 2012)
Norwegian / Norsk: I løpet av november måned (2012) er «Media and the Gospel» i fokus på Lausannebevegelsens globale nettside for ressurser og samtaler – The Lausanne Global Conversation. Ovenfor er en oversikt over publiserte og planlagte ressurser, med jevnlig oppdatering i løpet av november måned.